Could buying a smaller new home be your best choice?
When we say smaller we are not talking about the tiny homes that are 300 square feet or less in this blog I am talking about downsizing from a much larger home to a home that is much smaller. Some of the benefits to buying a smaller home could be…..
1. Spending much less on the purchase price.
2. Less taxes to be paid.
3. Less time cleaning and maintaining the home.
4. Paying less on utility bills.
How do you know when it’s time to downsize?
1. Have your kids moved out and you may not need all the bedrooms and space you have?
2. Would you like to keep your costs down?
3. Are tired of cleaning and taking care of your larger home?
Things to think about when downsizing.
1. You will need to go through your current home and the stuff you have that you could give away, sell or throw away.
2. Make sure that the design of your new home is open and functional so you can still enjoy your home.
Make sure to communicate with your Real estate professional to what you are looking for in your new property and what features you need along with what is your preferred location. When you move into your new smaller home enjoy the extra time you have in doing some of the things you love to do.
Happy House hunting.